In today's society, where one's daily activities define self-worth and impact self-esteem, retiring from a job or seeing family members develop their own lives can create feelings of emptiness and isolation. Our program improves the lives of the seniors by keeping them active and gives them an opportunity to meet people. It also helps to show them things of interest and make new friends, as well as provides meals to keep them healthy.
The Denver Harbor Senior Citizens Center offers older adults a place to go, activities to keep them active and an opportunity to make new friends or visit with old ones. El Centro Alegre, the Happy Center, is a place where the young at heart can stay young at heart.
Other Services Offered by the center to benefit the elderly include:
* Telephone and Home Visits to the ill by a caseworker
* Information and referral services
* Bi-annual Health Screenings
* Weekly Exercise Programs
The Denver Harbor Senior Citizens Center
* Serves nutritional breakfast to 70+ seniors each day
* Serves healthy lunches to 80+ seniors each day
* Provides a variety of recreational opportunities
* Offers opportunities for socialization, including birthday parties and field trips
The Center's staff includes an Executive Director, Assistant Director, and Nutrition Manager supported through funding from United Way and the Area Agency on Aging. Members training with SER along with volunteers help serve meals and perform other duties associated with the seniors.
* Executive Director: Josie DeLeon
* Assistant Director: Elizabeth Guzman
* Nutrition Manager: Diana Oviedo
2017 Senior Olympics Regional Champs. First Place in Bean Bag Baseball Toss